25 April 2006

Can you hear me now?

I think you can, but yesterday Blogger refused to publish anything for me, just sitting there with the 0% published going round and round taunting me with it's refusal to let me communicate. At least it didn't eat my post. I was frustrated enough that I even complained in front of several other EMTs, who now know I have a blog. Oops. Nobody asked for the address, but the title is quite clearly written across the top of the pages in Blogger, so it wouldn't be hard to find.

In other news, I'm a big chicken. I want to go to part-time at the ambulance in June to get myself a bit more free time and the ability not to run around like a crazy person. But I don't know who the "right" person to talk to is, and I'm worried that if I just go around talking to the supervisors, things might not go well for me. The deal with part-time is that you get whatever shifts are open on days you are available. And if the scheduling supervisor doesn't like you, you get squat. As a basic, there are only 2 places for them to put you, a truck like mine and a wheelchair van, which doesn't add up to a lot of shifts. But the upside is that I would actually have the time to work some of the special shifts they run which cover the minor league baseball team, hockey, arena football, highschool games, etc. which could be kinda fun and actually require providing medical care instead of just hauling people around. I just need to suck it up and get brave and talk to someone in charge. I'm sure the sooner I do it, the happier they would be because there would be time to hire someone full-time on my truck. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: