29 October 2006

Dreary weekend

Why do people only want to do social things with me on the weekends I'm on call?!? I only volunteer one weekend out of every five, and yet nearly every time there is something going on it is a weekend when I can't leave town. And this has been a pathetic weekend to hang around. Nasty weather, low call volume, and K is on shift today, so I don't even have anyone to talk to while I'm sitting around all day.

Enough whining. Tomorrow is our 7th wedding anniversary. I can't really believe it has been 7 years, but I can't even believe I've been out of college for almost 10 either. For the first time in those years, we don't really have anything specific planned. The last two years, we've tripped to Montreal and just enjoyed being out of town and watching a little of Canada's national sport. This year, it's a Monday and there is NOTHING going on. No hockey, no football, no basketball, no performances of any type, so we've been at a loss for what to do. K is checking out places to go eat, maybe a day trip or something.

I've already given him his present - a new wedding ring to replace the one he lost in the snow in January. The new one isn't identical to the old one since the price of gold has changed dramatically, $1200+ to replace it. So we went with a titanium and gold one instead of white and yellow gold. The titanium is supposed to hold up better to wear and tear too, but we'll see. No, I don't know what he's up to for me, although I had to laugh at the jeweler we had sizing his ring trying very hard to sell him on something for me. They also resized my grandmother's ring for me so I can wear it on the ring finger of my right hand and get a little more use out of it. It was something I'd been meaning to do for quite a while now, but her passing this year brought it to the front of the list.

I'm going to try NaBloPoMo in November to try and make me think more about writing every day. I'm thankful they picked November because some of the changes in my life might actually give me something to write about next month. Of course, I haven't seen the ambulance schedule yet, so I may have to learn to blog in succinct sentences rather than blathering on, but we'll see.

No comments: