22 December 2008

Cha-ching!

I used to want you to want me, now I'm not so sure. I have been admitted to three medical programs, 1 MD and 2 DO. The MD program required a $50 deposit (non-refundable) within 21 days, which I happily paid. The 2 DO programs require a $500 deposit (non-refundable) within 30 days and a $1500 deposit within 60 days. Big money to hold a spot while I make up my mind - thus, not money I am going to spend until I make up my mind. Therefore, I must make up my mind within 26 days and counting...

Factors weighing heavily on my mind:
  1. The MD program is at least $15,000 a year more than any of the others because I am an out-of-state student, with little hope of changing that.
  2. I want to provide the best possible medical care for my patients, using all appropriate therapies.
  3. I do not want to spend extra studying energy on practices I am not going to use.
  4. I want to kick ass on all further required standardized tests so I can have more choices and better success in finding a residency and in my practice.
  5. I am nervous about buying a house in a severely economically depressed area which I feel is unlikely to maintain it's value over 4 years of school.
  6. K wants to move west.
So, lots of soul-searching for the next month. If you see me staring off into the middle distance, try not to startle me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW... Congradulations!! Thats great. SO the mail today was interesting?