09 July 2011

Vacation

Whew - boards are over (for now!) and summer is rampaging by my windows.  This is the "last" vacation I'm supposed to have as a medical student, 5 weeks between boards and hospital orientation for clinical rotations.  Others in my class are going on fantastic trips, getting married, moving to their clinical sites, or doing any number of fun things.  I am not doing those things.  Someone at K's fire department asked me how my summer was going and I told him vacation was great! He pointed out that I may be the only person he's ever met who classified working 24-36h a week on the ambulance and doing an unpaid research project as "vacation".  I replied that if I didn't have to memorize any information, it counts as vacation. Waiting on board scores, reading for fun, seeing actual patients, doing a little data mining - ahhh, vacation.

No comments: