26 March 2011

Distraction

I find a lot of peace in spending time with my dogs usually. There is just something nice about a soft furry body leaning against my leg and a warm head under my hand.  But Spencer injured his leg a month or so ago and I've been consistently distracted with trying to make sure he's getting taken care of, including the expensive orthopedic surgery he had this week.  He's now on "crate rest" for a week and significantly limited activity for 3 months.  Shortly, he is going to be one very, very bored dog. This is also the dog that has eaten 2 seatbelts, a bunch of wood pieces, paper and cardboard, ripped up carpet and completely ate one of my slippers as well as generally causing havoc even when he isn't bored.  I'm worried for the safety of the house...

No comments: