22 June 2009

Where there's one, there's two.

After the call with the drunk lady and broken ankle, we had a second call involving a suspected broken ankle. Arriving on scene, we find a dude trying to crawl across the pavement away from us (picture every Hollywood scene involving a robot/android which has lost its legs and is still coming to get you). Dude had jumped an 8' fence and not seen the 20' drop on the other side of the fence. His story was that "Some Mexi-cans were chasing me! I di'n't do nothing to them! I just wanna go home." I think maybe they were relatives or maybe a Mexican outreach program for Sumdood ?

I don't know the end of the story, but my bet was actually more on heels and hips being his injuries based on the yelling and squirming he did during our exam. Dude also had an amazing recollection of his alcohol intake, including 9 16 oz beers and 3 or 4 shots of tequila. Young, stupid and fearless, is there any combination that makes for better ambulance calls?

No comments: